Online Drivers Ed Course in Utah
Congratulations! You're finally eligible to start on the path to becoming a licensed driver. To help you along the way, we've put together an informative guide to give you the facts on what exactly you'll need to do to get there.
If you are 18 or younger, here are the driver education requirements:
- 18 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction
- 6 hours of observation (where you are in the car but not driving)
In Utah, driver education is only required for those 18 and younger (f you are 19 years old or older, you are exempt).
Utah Drivers Education - Course Overview
Our Utah drivers ed course is completely comprehensive, which means you'll be sure to get all the facts when it comes to driving. Some of the areas you'll focus on include:
- How to deal with various weather conditions
- Sharing the road with bicyclists, pedestrians, and others
- How to maintain your vehicle
- Drug and alcohol laws in Utah
...and lots more!
The Benefits of Taking UT Drivers Ed Online
There are tons of benefits to taking Utah drivers ed online. Want to study on the couch in your pajamas? With our course, you can do just that! Here are some of the other wonderful things you can take advantage of:
- Fun videos, graphics, and animations that keep you engaged
- Easy-to-understand material
- Freedom to study whenever you want, anywhere you want! You just need to have an Internet connection
- Log in and out as many times as necessary to complete the course
- Chapter-end quizzes that help you remember what you learn from drivers ed
Final Exam and Certificate of Completion
Once you've completed your Utah drivers ed course, you will take a final exam that consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. The score you'll need to pass is 80%. But if you don't pass on your first try, don't fret! You can take the exam again and again until you do! We give you free unlimited retakes.
After you pass, we'll send you a certificate of completion. The method of shipping is up to you: we have overnight options if you need your certificate sooner, or you can get your certificate for free through regular mail. Plus, if you finish your course by 3:00 p.m. Central Time, we'll mail your certificate out to you that very day!
Utah Drivers Permit Requirements
As soon as you turn 15, you can begin the process of getting your Utah drivers permit. All you have to do is:
- Visit your nearest driver license office
- Complete a permit application
- Take a drivers license picture
- Supply proof of birth, your full Social Security number, and your residence
- Pass a written test, a vision test, and medical questionnaire
- Have your parent or legal guardian provide their signature for financial responsibility
- Pay the permit fee
While you have your permit, you are required to complete 40 hours of driving practice with a supervising driver, and 10 of those hours must be at night.
Utah Drivers License Requirements
The drivers license is the last step in your driver training requirements! There are different rules for when you can move on to your drivers license, depending on your age. They are as follows:
If you're under 17 when you apply for your permit:
- You must hold your Utah learners permit for 6 months before you can apply for your drivers license
If you turn 18 during this holding period:
- You may apply for your drivers license once you turn 18
To actually obtain your drivers license, here's what you'll need to do:
- Complete an approved Utah DMV driver education course (18 and younger)
- Fulfill the required hours of driving practice (and have your parent/guardian sign off on it)
- Fill out a Utah drivers license application
- Pass the eye test and medical questionnaire
- Have your parent/guardian sign for financial responsibility
- Pass a road test, if you were not tested by your drivers ed school
- Submit the drivers license fee
Why I Drive Safely?
Backed by 15+ years of industry experience, I Drive Safely is the leader in online driver education. By enrolling in our Utah drivers ed online course, you're ensuring that you are getting the highest-quality course out there. Some of the great things I Drive Safely has to offer include:
- A top-notch course that's self-paced
- Knowledgeable 24/7 customer support—Call whenever you have questions!
- money-back guarantee
Sign up today and start completing your drivers ed course requirements with us—you won't regret it!