What is Defensive Driving?
What is defensive driving? Defensive driving is anticipating problems and responding ahead of time so that you can protect yourself and others from dangerous and unexpected driving situations. It’s the best way to avoid accidents and become a smarter driver. When driving defensively, your goal is to be aware of potential threats and be prepared to deal with them before they become a problem.
Avoiding collisions isn't just making sure you follow the law and do everything right. Even if you do everything right, all it takes for a collision to happen is for someone else to do something wrong. That's why it's important to expect other drivers to make mistakes and be ready to adjust your driving as soon as you spot a potential problem on the road.
Defensive Driving Techniques to Practice
As a defensive driver, your priority is to put yourself in a position to respond calmly and react quickly when something unexpected occurs. This is why our online safe driving course will help you day to day.
Remember these golden driving rules each time you get behind the wheel:
- Respect others – Treat other drivers the way you want to be treated and give them space so that they feel safe.
- Be alert – Pay attention to what other drivers are doing to avoid any potential hazards.
- Be aware – Stay alert for anything that could put you in danger.
By taking simple actions such as scanning the road ahead, maintaining a safe following distance, and watching for changes in driving conditions, you can detect and avoid potential problems before they happen.
How Do You Get a Defensive Driving Certificate?
At the end of our defensive driving course online, you will be presented with a defensive driving course certificate.
Not Just for Fixing Tickets: Defensive Driving Course
Did you know that taking a defensive driving course online isn’t just for clearing a traffic ticket, but can also reap your financial benefits? While the benefits vary state to state, they include reduction of traffic ticket fines, keeping points off your record, and an insurance discount.
What is a driver defensive course exactly? Defensive driving school provides defensive driving classes come in different formats, so check with your state’s requirements before choosing the one right for you:
- Online driver safety course – Take part in defensive driving classes online on any device with an Internet connection at your convenience.
- Classroom course – Attend a structured learning environment with a teacher and students.
- In-car lesson – Get in the driver’s seat with an instructor who can identify your strengths and weaknesses and show you safe driving techniques.
Take our online defensive driving course to improve your driving record and lower insurance rate. With state-approved driving defensive courses that fit any schedule, you'll never have to leave the comfort of your home to meet court requirements.