Online Drivers Ed in New Mexico
The state of New Mexico places great emphasis on the safety of teen drivers. In this spirit, they have implemented the Graduated Licensing Law. Among other things, the law sets rules for driver education. Complete details about the GDL program can be found on the New Mexico MVD website.
These drivers ed course requirements will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to drive at your best behind the wheel when you’re out on the road.
New Mexico Drivers Ed - Course Overview
It's crucial that you get the necessary knowledge to be a safe driver. I Drive Safely guarantees that you'll get all the valuable information you need with your New Mexico drivers ed course by covering all the pertinent topics, such as:
- Adverse weather conditions and driving
- Sharing the road
- Vehicle maintenance
- Alcohol and drug laws
Benefits of Taking NM Drivers Ed Online
Want to complete drivers ed in the most efficient and effective way possible? Then you should take your course online! Aside from all the great flexibility it offers, online drivers ed in New Mexico has:
- Videos, animations and graphics—say goodbye to textbooks!
- Material that's easy to get through
- Freedom to study at any time, in any location with Internet access
- Our memory recall feature—you'll never have to stress about losing your place!
- Chapter-end quizzes to assist you in retaining what you learn from drivers ed
Final Exam and Certificate of Completion
At the end of the course, you will take an exam that's made up of 50 multiple-choice questions, with a required passing score of 80%. But if you don't pass on your first try, don't sweat it! You can retake the exam as many times as it takes for you to pass! You get unlimited retakes, at no extra charge!
As soon as you pass your final exam, we start processing your certificate of completion so that we can get it out to you quickly. If you finish your course before 3:00 pm central time, we'll even ship it out the same day! Plus, with standard U.S. Mail, you won't have to pay a penny to have it delivered.
New Mexico Drivers Permit Requirements
Here are the steps for you to get your New Mexico drivers permit:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Enroll in an approved New Mexico drivers ed course
- Pass 2 tests: a written exam and a vision exam
You will need to bring your birth certificate, Social Security card, and proof of course enrollment to your local Motor Vehicles Division office, as well as written consent from a parent/guardian if you are under 18
- Pay the permit fee
After that, you'll be issued your very own New Mexico learners permit! Then you can practice driving with a parent or other qualified adult, just like you would with parent-taught drivers ed.
New Mexico Drivers License Requirements
Next on your list of driver training requirements is obtaining your provisional license. You are eligible to get this after you have held your permit for 6 months and completed the necessary hours of driving practice. In addition, you will need to:
- Be at least 15 ½ years of age
- Have completed an approved driver education course
- Present the necessary identification when applying for your license
- Pass a road test, if you did not take one through your driver education course
- Pass a vision test
- Pay the license fee
Once you've done all that, you can move on to the final stage: getting your full New Mexico drivers license! All that's necessary for this is for you to have held your provisional license for a period of 1 year. Then you just pay your license fee, and you're all set!
Why I Drive Safely?
We offer the best driver education courses out there—that's why we've had over 5 million satisfied customers. Some of the reasons you should take our course are:
- Customer support available to help you 7 days a week
- Easy, convenient online courses
- A money-back guarantee
Register for your New Mexico drivers ed course today, and find out for yourself why I Drive Safely is among the leaders in online driver education!