Maine Online Drivers Ed
Anyone under the age of 18 in Maine who wishes to get a drivers license must successfully complete an approved Maine drivers education course.Please note: This course is designed as supplemental training and is not approved by the state of Maine. Also,the state does not offer an approved parent-taught drivers ed program at this time. In order to get your license, you'll need to:
- Wait for a period of 6 months from the date of issuance of your learner permit
- Complete a minimum of 70 hours of driving, including 10 hours of night driving, while accompanied by a parent, guardian or licensed driver at least 20 years of age.
I Drive Safely's Maine Drivers Ed Course Online
Our online Maine drivers education course will help you learn extra skills and helpful driving knowledge. This way you'll be fully prepared to take to the road, and to do so safely. The course consists of individual, subject-based chapters to keep the material from getting overwhelming. Every chapter has a multiple-choice quiz at the end of it that consists of 10 questions. You will need to get at least 80% on each quiz to go on to the next chapter.
How to Get Your Maine Learners Permit
To earn your Maine learners permit, you must be at least 15 years of age and have passed an approved driver education course. You will then need to:
- Visit the nearest BMV location.
- Pass a written knowledge exam.
- Have a vision screening.
The restrictions for a Maine learners permit are as follows:
- You may operate a vehicle when accompanied by someone who has held a valid driver's license for a minimum of 2 consecutive years, and who is at least 20 years of age.
- The Maine learners permit is typically valid for 2 years.
How to Earn Your Maine Drivers License
In order to get your Maine drivers license, you must be at least 16 years old and:
- Have successfully completed a state-approved driver education course (if you are 18 or older you do not have to complete a driver education course)
- Pass a driver knowledge exam
- Complete a vision screening
- Successfully complete a road test
- If you are under 21, you must have completed 70 hours of driving practice (10 of which must have taken place at night) and you must have held your Maine instruction permit for a minimum of 6 months.
Why I Drive Safely?
I Drive Safely is a leader in the online driver education arena, which translates to better courses and a better overall customer experience. You'll learn everything you need to know to be a safe driver, and you'll enjoy the time you spend on your course. Taking your course online makes everything so much easier. You can study from anywhere you want, as long as you can connect to the Internet! Some other benefits of taking an I Drive Safely drivers ed course include:
- Forget stuffy classrooms! You get to choose the location of your study sessions.
- You make your own schedule! That means no meeting times for classrooms, and the ability to choose how long you study at a time.
- Instead of dull textbooks, you'll get cool interactive tools like animations, graphics, and videos. This way, you better retain the information so you can apply it to your driving for years to come!
Sign up for our supplemental Maine drivers ed course today and fully prepare yourself for your drivers license test.