Position Yourself for a Perfect Massachusetts Drivers Education
Massachusetts teens know their state truly represents the spirit of America. And, in that spirit, the freedom to drive is definitely at the top the list. Getting on the road safely and responsibly requires the help of a thorough, engaging driver education program. With DriversEd.com’s driver training course, you’ll familiarize yourself with the rules of the road while continuing to build on the knowledge you learned in your state-required drivers ed course. Note: This course does not qualify as a state-approved drivers ed course and is designed to serve as supplemental training.
Your First Step Requires a Massachusetts Drivers Permit
Getting an Massachusetts learners permit is like searching for a lost treasure—you know it’s out there but you need a map to find it. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered on your search. First you need to complete the Class D, M, or D/M License and ID Card Application at your local RMV office. You can also download the application online.
Remember, a Junior Operators license is available to teen applicants between the ages of 16 ½ and 18 years old who completed a state-approved drivers ed program that meets the following requirements:
- At least 30 hours of classroom instruction
- 12 hours of behind-the-wheel training with 6 hours of observation from the back seat of the vehicle
- Parent / guardian must attend a 2-hour drivers ed class and receive a certificate of completion (present it to the RMV when it’s time to apply for your license)
- 40 hours of driving time (reduced to 30 hours if you completed a driver skills development program) and signed off by a parent / guardian to certify your RMV form
Note: This course does not qualify as a state-approved drivers ed course.
To get your permit, you will also need to:
- Provide a valid birth certificate
- Have signed consent from your parent / guardian on the Class D, M, or D/M License and ID card application
- Provide a valid Social Security number (SSN)
- Pass a written Massachusetts permit test with a score of 72% or higher
- Pass an eye exam
Your permit also comes with limitations:
- You can only drive with another licensed driver in your state who’s 21 or older
- You must have your permit on you at all times while driving
- You may only drive between the hours of 5 a.m. and midnight
With your permit in hand, it’s a great time to get in a little parent-taught drivers ed—their advice and experience is always a big help when you’re starting off behind the wheel. And, coupled with your Massachusetts-required drivers ed training, you’re looking even better as you head down the path toward your license.
Get in Gear and Grab That License
Again, if you’re between the ages of 16 ½ and 18, and you’ve met all the requirements that come with having a drivers permit, it’s time to get your Class D license. Take the time to give the RMV a call and set up your road test with a proper vehicle. Once you pass, you’re all dialed in to drive. Just keep in mind that if you’re under 18, you’re only allowed to drive from 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Safety Is Key
What you learn from drivers ed is like having a wellspring of driving knowledge with you at all times. It’s not just about completing drivers ed course requirements to get a license. It’s mainly about what a course teaches you to stay safe and drive responsibly. Every driver training requirement is in place so you’re at your best behind the wheel. Think about it as an opportunity to learn everything from traffic signs and signals, to ways to avoid getting into an accident, to the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and much more! The best part is that you get to complete the course however it fits your schedule.
Why Choose I Drive Safely?
I Drive Safely is the leader in online drivers education. With over 15+ years of experience, we have more state approvals than any other provider. Because we are so confident in our courses, we even offer a money-back guarantee. If you’re not pleased with your experience, contact us before you take the final exam and your course fee will be returned to you.
It’s our goal to keep you happy, which is why we have customer support agents available 7 days a week. Someone is always available to help.