Online Drivers Ed in New York
Driving in New York can be tricky. That's why we offer a comprehensive course that will equip you with everything you need to know to become a safe driver in New York.
New York Drivers Education - Course Overview
We've got you covered. Our online course will teach you vital driving skills, including:
- Driving in different weather conditions
- Sharing the road with bicyclists, motorcyclists, etc.
- Vehicle maintenance
- Alcohol and drug laws as they apply to driving
You'll be done with your drivers ed course requirements in no time!
Benefits of Taking NY Drivers Ed Online
Our online course offers interactive, engaging content for students who wish to study with us before applying for their New York drivers license. You'll learn quickly, effectively, and on your own schedule.. You'll also enjoy:
- Videos, animations, and graphics
- Information that's a snap to get through
- Freedom to study at any location, at any time
- Our convenient auto-save feature — log in and out as often as you need!
- End-of-chapter quizzes to help you better retain skills learned
Final Exam and Certificate of Completion
At the conclusion of the course, you'll take a final exam. It is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions, and requires a score of 80% for you to pass. But luckily, you can retake this test as many times as you need to achieve that score!
Once you pass your exam, we'll process and mail your Certificate of Completion out to you. With our standard U.S. Mail option, you'll get your certificate absolutely free. And if you finish your drivers ed training by 3 p.m. Central Time, we'll send out your certificate that day!
How to Get Your New York Drivers Permit
As soon as you turn 16, you can apply for your provisional permit with the state of New York. Use the following steps as your guide to obtain your New York drivers license:
- Complete Form MV-44, Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card
- Provide the appropriate proof of identity
- Pass a vision test or supply a completed eye test report
- Pass the written knowledge test
- Pay the required fees
You will need to complete at least 50 hours of supervised behind-the-wheel training (15 of those hours must be at night). Remember that if you are 17 years of age or younger, you will be required to either complete a driver education course or enroll in a pre-licensing course prior to taking your road test.
How to Get Your New York Drivers License
So, you're at least 16, and you have your New York learners permit. Good news! If you have either a certificate of 50 hours of driving experience or drivers education course certificate, you can apply for your New York drivers license. (If you're 18, you don't need to meet these requirements). It's the last step of your driver training requirements.
Here's an overview of what comes next:
- Take and pass a road test
- Get your license (for 16-year-olds, a junior license, and for 17-year-olds, a standard class D license)
- Your junior license will automatically upgrade to a standard license once you turn 18 (If you're 17 and have a junior license, you may upgrade to a standard license once you complete a drivers ed course)
Why I Drive Safely?
I Drive Safely is a different kind of company. We pride ourselves on offering the best online courses out there, while keeping our customers happy and satisfied. You'll be sure to love us thanks to:
- Our award-winning courses are both fun and educational
- 24/7 customer support, whenever and where you need it
- We offer a money-back guarantee
Complete your New York driver education with us, and discover why we're a leader in the online driver education industry.