Online Drivers Ed in New York
Driving in New York can be tricky. That's why we offer a comprehensive course that will equip you with everything you need to know to become a safe driver in New York.
New York Drivers Education - Course Overview
We've got you covered. Our online course will teach you vital driving skills, including:
- Driving in different weather conditions
- Sharing the road with bicyclists, motorcyclists, etc.
- Vehicle maintenance
- Alcohol and drug laws as they apply to driving
You'll be done with your drivers ed course requirements in no time!
Benefits of Taking NY Drivers Ed Online
Our online course offers interactive, engaging content for students who wish to study with us before applying for their New York drivers license. You'll learn quickly, effectively, and on your own schedule.. You'll also enjoy:
- Videos, animations, and graphics
- Information that's a snap to get through
- Freedom to study at any location, at any time
- Our convenient auto-save feature — log in and out as often as you need!
- End-of-chapter quizzes to help you better retain skills learned
Final Exam and Certificate of Completion
At the conclusion of the course, you'll take a final exam. It is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions, and requires a score of 80% for you to pass. But good news! You can retake this test as many times as you need to achieve that score.
Once you pass your exam, we'll process and mail your Certificate of Completion to you. Using our standard U.S. Mail option, you'll receive your certificate free of charge. And if you finish your drivers ed training by Time, we'll send out your certificate that same day!
How to Get Your New York Drivers Permit
As soon as you turn 16, you can apply for your learners permit with the state of New York. Use the following steps as your guide to obtain your New York drivers license:
- Complete Form MV-44, Application for Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card
- Provide the appropriate proof of identity
- Pass a vision test or supply a completed eye test report
- Pass the written knowledge test
- Pay the required fees
Students under the age of 18 must complete at least 50 hours of supervised behind-the-wheel training (15 of those hours must be at night). Remember that New York requires all driver license applicants must complete a New York State-approved driver education course or complete a pre-licensing course prior to scheduling your road test (please note: courses on iDriveSafely.com are for educational purposes only and do not meet this requirement).
How to Get Your New York Drivers License
Are you at least 16 with your New York learners permit? Good news! Did you earn your certificate for 50 hours of driving experience, or an approved drivers education course certificate? Then you can schedule your road test! If you're over the age of 18, you don't need to meet these requirements. It's the final step of your driver training journey (please note: courses on iDriveSafely.com are for educational purposes only and do not meet this requirement).
Check on the New York DMV site for more details: https://dmv.ny.gov/nav/driver-license-learner-permit
Why I Drive Safely?
I Drive Safely is a different kind of company. We pride ourselves on offering the best online courses out there, while keeping our customers happy and satisfied. You'll be sure to love us thanks to:
- Our award-winning courses are both fun and educational
- 24/7 customer support, whenever and where you need it
- We offer a money-back guarantee
Complete your New York driver education with us, and discover why we're a leader in the online driver education industry (please note: courses on iDriveSafely.com are for educational purposes only and do not meet this requirement).