Online Drivers Ed in Ohio
The state of Ohio makes driver safety a priority. As such, young prospective drivers must go through a stringent testing process in order to get their drivers licenses. If you are under 18, you'll need to start with a drivers ed course for Ohio. This course should consist of:
- 24 hours of classroom instruction
- 8 hours of driving with a certified driving instructor
What you learn in drivers ed is extremely valuable, so be sure you take it seriously. Upon completion of drivers ed, you'll aim for a temporary permit, and eventually a probationary license once you fulfill the terms of the permit.
Ohio Drivers Ed - Course Overview
A base of good, solid driving knowledge is essential if you want to be a safe, responsible driver. That's why I Drive Safely makes sure we give you all the information needed before you hit the road. A few of the topics we cover in our drivers ed course for Ohio are:
- How weather conditions affect driving
- Etiquette for sharing the road with other drivers and motorcyclists
- How to keep your vehicle in great shape
- Drug and alcohol laws
The Benefits of Taking OH Drivers Ed Online
Taking Ohio drivers ed online is one of the best decisions you can make. It's fast, easy, convenient, and compared to a boring classroom course, it's actually fun! Some of the things that make our drivers ed course so great are:
- Multimedia features, like graphics, animations, and even videos
- Material presented in a way that's easy-to-understand
- The ability to study wherever and whenever you want - all you need is a computer with an Internet connection
- A convenient auto-save feature that gives you the freedom to log in and out as often as you need
- Short quizzes to improve knowledge retention, so you have a much higher chance of passing your final exam
Final Exam and Certificate of Completion
At the end of the course, you'll take a final exam - but don't let this stress you out. The 50 questions are multiple-choice, and the exam only requires an 80% grade for you to pass. And even if you don't pass the first time, you can keep trying until you do. With unlimited retakes, you're practically guaranteed to pass.
Once you pass, we'll send you an email, you can download your completion certificate from the records tab in your account.
Ohio Driving Permit Requirements
Once you pass a drivers ed course, you'll be well on your way to getting your learners permit. Here's what you need to know:
- You need to be at least 15 ½ years old
- Schedule an appointment with the BMV
- Bring proof of identity, your Social Security card, and money for the application fee to the BMV
- Submit your permit application
- Take and pass both a written test and a vision screening
And that's it! After you've done these things, you will be issued a temporary Ohio learners permit, or Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card (TIPIC). You can use that permit to practice your driving skills, and eventually get your probationary Ohio drivers license.
Ohio Drivers License Requirements
To earn your probationary Ohio drivers license, you'll have to follow a few steps.
- You must hold your learners permit for at least 6 months.
- You will need to have completed the drivers ed course requirements: 24 hours of drivers ed in Ohio, as well as 8 hours of behind-the-wheel time with an instructor.
- You must bring in an affidavit (signed by a parent or guardian) that verifies that you completed 50 hours of supervised driving practice, with 10 of those being nighttime hours.
- You are required to pass a driving test. You'll need to bring the following to your road test:
- Your TIPIC
- Any other forms required by the BMV
If you've completed all of those successfully, you'll be the proud owner of an Ohio drivers license!
Choose I Drive Safely
We've been a leading provider of online driver education for more than 15 years. Time and time again, we are a trusted name in the industry, thanks in large part to the quality and convenience our courses offer. When you fulfill your driver training requirement with I Drive Safely, you'll enjoy:
- Customer support available 7 days a week to answer your questions
- The ability to work around your busy schedule
- The most up-to-date information presented in a convenient, easy-to-understand format
- A money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied
If you want to get on your way to being an independent driver, sign up for our Ohio driver education course now!