Replacing Your Colorado Drivers License
If you’ve lost your Colorado drivers license, or if it’s been stolen, badly damaged or destroyed, you’ll want to get a new one as quickly as possible. Here are your options:
Replace Your CO Drivers License in Person
You can replace your Colorado license in person at any Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles location. When possible, you should make an appointment. You’ll need to do the following:
- Bring in one form of acceptable identification. (Click here for a list of acceptable ID’s.)
- Provide proof of your current residential address. (Click here for a list of documents that will serve as proof.)
- Pay the renewal fee of $21.00
Renew Your Colorado Drivers License by Mail
If you’re outside of the state of Colorado, you may be able to get a duplicate license by mail. To see if you’re eligible, you’ll need to print out and complete the Reissue Out-Of-State Extension Form (Form DR2989. You’ll mail that form along with the required fee to:
Colorado Dept. of Revenue
Division of Motor Vehicles, Rm 136
Denver, CO 80261-0016
Keep in mind that if you wish to have your name changed or if you want a new drivers license photo, you’ll need to renew your license in person at a Colorado DMV office.
Renew Your Colorado Drivers License Online
Many drivers will able to renew their Colorado drivers license online. Here are some things you’ll need to know before you renew online:
- You must have either a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express credit card.
- You must possess a valid email address.
- All transactions are subject to an administrative processing fee.
- You must meet all eligibility requirements in order to renew your drivers license or state ID online.
If you’re ready to replace your Colorado drivers license online, you can do so by clicking here.