How It Works – Traffic School in Idaho
Drivers in Idaho have the option to remove 3 points from their driving record once every 3 years by taking an approved Idaho traffic school course. In some cases, they can even have the opportunity to affect their insurance premiums as well. Many providers will reward safe drivers with a hefty discount on your insurance rates if they complete an Idaho traffic school course.
Whether you’re looking to remove points from your record or you wish to lower your insurance expenses, I Drive Safely’s online Idaho traffic school course is the quick, easy, and convenient option. To help you through the process, we’ve detailed the process to removing points or gaining an insurance discount – that way, you’ll be well prepared before you sign up for our course.
How to Remove Up to 3 Points From Your Idaho Driving Record
1. Contact the DMV and inform them of your intention to take a traffic school course.
You must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You have not taken a defensive driving course within the past 3 years
- Your license has not already been suspended for accumulated points
- You hold a valid, non-commercial Idaho driver’s license
2. Enroll in and complete your I Drive Safely Idaho online traffic school course.
We submit your course completion to the DMV for you, so you don’t need to worry about sending in paperwork. We do, however, recommend getting a copy of your completion certificate for your own records.
3. Check your driving record.
After the DMV has processed your traffic school course, check your driving record. You should see a reduction of 3 points from your history.
How to Get a Discount On Your Auto Insurance in Idaho
- Contact your insurance agency and ask about eligibility and discount details.
Inquire as to whether they accept a traffic school course for a discount, how much your rates will be reduced, and for what length of time you will enjoy a lower premium. Also ask if they allow you to renew your discount when it expires by retaking the course.
- Enroll in and complete your Idaho online traffic school course.
- Submit your certificate of completion to your insurance company.
As you will need to hand your completion certificate over to your insurance company, you’ll need a copy, which we will send to you. We offer email delivery.
- Enjoy your reduced insurance rate.