TDLR-Approved Texas Driver Safety Course
- Erase a traffic ticket
- Save time and money
- Become a safer driver
- Benefit from live support
- Money-back guarantee
What’s an Online Driving Safety Course?
You can easily remove a ticket from your driving record when you take a Texas drivers safety course online through a TDLR approved provider. Skills you’ll learn in an online driving safety course include:
- Current driving laws
- Safe driving techniques
- Effects and risks of drinking and driving
- Driving emergencies
- Texas insurance laws
Who Can Take an Online Driving Safety Course?
You may be a good candidate for an online Texas driving safety course if you’ve gotten a ticket within the last 12 months and meet the following requirements:
- You must enter a “guilty” or “no contest” plea with the court for your traffic violation and pay any necessary court fees.
- You must possess a valid Texas drivers license or driving permit—a commercial driver license (CDL) is not accepted.
- You must possess and present proof of valid liability insurance.
- You haven’t completed a driver safety course within 12 months of the date of your citation.
- You must not have been driving 25 MPH over the speed limit.
- Upon completion, you must submit the certificate of completion and a certified copy of your current Texas driving record (obtainable from the Department of Public Safety [DPS]) by the court deadline.
But even good drivers can benefit from our Texas drivers safety course. Whether you’re a teen driver looking to increase your knowledge, a foreign or out-of-state driver who needs to learn local laws, or an experienced driver over the age of 50 looking to lower your insurance rates, taking an online driver education course is a good option.
Why Should I Take a Texas Driver Safety Course?
It’s easy to see the benefits of taking an online Texas driving safety course.
- Get up to speed on current laws: Traffic laws and driving styles change regularly. A driver safety course is a great way to stay informed, break bad driving habits, or find out what’s at risk if you’re breaking the law. You’ll be come a safer, smarter driver.
- Lower insurance premiums: Insurance companies love it when you take steps to become a safer driver, and in Texas, that could mean a savings of up to 10%! Online driver education courses are especially helpful for drivers over the age of 50 who have a clean driving record but want to save money on their premiums. Insurance discounts can last up to three years!
- Prevent loss of license: While a single ticket could put a dark mark on your record and raise your insurance premiums, too many tickets in a short amount of time could result in losing your driver license in the state of Texas. Keep your driving record clean by taking an online driver safety class and dismissing a ticket.
How It Works
You can register for this course from anywhere you like, as long as you have a computer with an Internet connection. The course is approved by courts throughout all counties in the state, so whether you’re studying in Austin or Dallas, Denton or Houston, you’ll be able to dismiss your ticket with ease. Choose a username and password that will be unique to you and your account – this gives you the option to log in from any computer and access your course from anywhere. So even if you live in El Paso, but work in Harris, and are traveling to Bexar, you can work on your lessons from any computer, wherever you are.
Ticket Dismissal Course
- Request court permission to take a defensive driving course.
- Prepare required documents to be mailed or brought in to the court.
- Enroll in and complete your approved defensive driving course.
- When you finish your course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Send your certificate of completion along with an official copy of your Texas driving record to your court.
Insurance Discount Course
- Call your car insurance company and find out if you are eligible to get a discount if you complete a defensive driving course.
- Enroll in and complete your approved Texas insurance discount course.
- Send your certificate of completion to your insurance provider.
- Enjoy your insurance discount!
Why Take a Texas Driver Safety Course Online?
Busy lives require a fast, convenient way to take traffic school. Don’t waste an entire day in a classroom listening to boring lectures and leafing through out-of-date, black-and-white texts. I Drive Safely’s online defensive driving courses use modern technology, making it easy to fulfill your requirements at your own pace.
With unlimited log ins, entertaining and engaging lessons, and 7 days a week customer support, you’ll get through your TDLR-approved drivers safety course in no time. Become a smarter, safer driver even faster when you study, learn, and pass your online defensive driving class on your own terms.