How it Works – Defensive Driving Course in Kansas
Whether you’re looking to dismiss a minor traffic violation or gain a mandatory 3-year reduction on your auto insurance premium, I Drive Safely’s Kansas Online Traffic School course gives you a quick and easy way to accomplish each of those goals. Below, you’ll find the process required to complete your ticket dismissal or earn your insurance reduction in Kansas.
How to Dismiss a Traffic Violation
- Contact your court and ask if you are eligible for ticket dismissal through a defensive driving course.
The courts will grant a ticket dismissal on a case-by-case basis – it is not mandatory in the state. Depending upon your violation, you may be required to appear at your court date, listed on the citation, to request permission for ticket dismissal.
If you aren’t required to appear, call your court before the date listed and ask them if you are eligible based on your driving history. Generally, you must:
- Possess a valid, non-commercial Kansas driver’s license
- Have been cited for a minor moving violation
- Have no outstanding violations on your driving history
- Enroll in and complete your I Drive Safely Kansas Defensive Driving course.
Your court may give you a deadline by which you must complete your course. Keep this in mind when pacing yourself through your lessons!
- Submit your certificate of completion to your court.
We will deliver your proof of course completion to your home via the delivery method you’ve chosen. Make sure you get it to your court on time, or your violation will appear on your driving history, and you may be subject to outstanding fines or fees related to your ticket.
- Check your driving record.
After the court has processed your defensive driving course, check your driving record. You should see a removal of 3 points from your history.
How to Get a Mandatory 3-Year Discount on Kansas Auto Insurance Premiums
- Enroll in and complete our Kansas defensive driving course.
Taking a defensive driving course in Kansas automatically qualifies you for a mandatory 3-year reduction on your premiums. You can renew that discount every 3 years by retaking the online Kansas defensive driving course.
- Submit your certificate of completion to your insurance company.
I Drive Safely will deliver your completion certificate to you through whichever method you chose. You are then responsible for submitting it to your insurance provider in order to earn that discount.
- Enjoy your reduced insurance rate
In 3 years, you may renew your discount by coming right back here to I Drive Safely and enrolling in our easy online course once again.