Illinois Drivers Handbook & Rules of the Road Handbook
If you want to become a good driver in Illinois, you’ll need to learn the ins and outs of safe driving. After all, that’s why the road to a learners permit and drivers license is so thorough and detailed. One of the most valuable tools available during this time is the official Illinois Rules of the Road, an SOS-approved digest that includes everything and anything a prospective driver needs to excel behind the wheel.
What is the Illinois Rules of the Road Handbook?
The Illinois Rules of the Road is as comprehensive as it is concise. It covers all traffic laws in Illinois into a convenient point of reference for drivers. Some people learn how to drive independently of official instruction or guidance, and while they become skilled at driving, they may be completely unaware of the various laws and regulations of the road. Learning about the rules of the road is not only vital for your safety and driving career, but equally important for the safety of the drivers sharing the road with you as well.
What’s Included in the Illinois Rules of the Road?
Some of the valuable info you’ll find in the handbook includes:
- The physical properties of a car, and proper maintenance in order keep one running.
- Driving guidelines and laws unique to Illinois.
- An overview of what will be covered in your written exam, along with a summary of maneuvers required in your behind-the-wheel test.
- Various administrative fees and policies at the SOS.
- How to react when things go wrong behind the wheel, including dangerous road conditions, mechanical failures, and accidents.
- The meanings of various road signs, markings, symbols, and gestures from other drivers.
Who Should Read the Illinois Rules of the Road?
Everybody should brush up on the traffic laws in Illinois, but if you’re a new resident from out-of-state, the handbook is especially important. You may find things are nearly identical to your home state, but they might also be radically different. Reading the handbook is vital to figuring out the differences in both road etiquette and administrative policies between Illinois and other states. For current Illinois residents, the drivers handbook is the go-to source of reliable driving information for those looking to get a license, or for already-licensed drivers who need to retake the written test to renew their license.